Roe Cobblestone Schoolhouse
The Roe Cobblestone Schoolhouse is a historic one room school located in Butler, NY. Built by Daniel Roe in the 1820's, it is believed to be the oldest cobblestone schoolhouse in North America. It was constructed using irregularly shaped, multi-colored fieldstones.
The building not only served as a school but was used for early Methodist church services as well. It functioned as a school up until centralization took place in the 1930's. The schoolhouse was acquired by BHPS in 2009 and has been restored. The schoolhouse is on the New York State and National Registers of Historic Places.